To obtain a QC Engineer position in a challenging environment and that builds my professional growth, where I can work beneficially for the concern development through incorporating my hard work, best attitude and interpersonal skills.
• Preparation of Construction quality plan as per the internal Quality management system.
• Preparation of Welding procedure specification by supporting PQR, Method of statement, Inspection and Test plan, Procedures as per the contractual and job requirements in compliance with project standards.
• Maintain and update the project weekly quality statistic, weld rejection rate and expedite the welder’s output.
• Regular monitoring of project incoming materials in warehouse and non-conformity materials been noticed to client in advance.
• Conduct internal weekly quality meeting with all departments to discuss about the site technical queries, storage & handling of materials and high level job disputes.
• Co-ordination with QC management representative to conduct internal and external (client) audit as per the pre-scheduled plan.
• Regular follow up with client key personnel’s to solve the site non-conforming items to avoid any delay.
• Conducted welder qualification test in presence of third party inspector with reference to SABIC and ASME standards.
• Monitored and maintained the welder’s performance record periodically by radiographic testing.
• Trained and qualified welder’s in aluminum pipe with backing strip with pre-heat treatment as mandatory.
• Inspection activities carried out for piping are fit up check, pipe & Valve Orientation check, flange class rating & flange parallelism check with static and rotary equipments, .
• Weld visual inspection done using gauges like Hi-Lo, reinforcement gauges and fillet weld gauges etc.
• Conducted black light inspection for entire cryogenic pipe spools after the inside cleaning by blasting or manually.
• Materials handled in project are carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum, Monel, FRP and dissimilar metal.
• Maintained regular co-ordination with non-destructive testing team to identify the joints for radiography.
• Interpretation and reviewed of radiographic films done by X-ray & Gamma ray.
• Witnessed of Hydro & pneumatic testing for test system wise pipe loops as per P&ID.
• Carried out stage wise inspection for various types of insulation in vessels and pipes.
Degree in Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering with first class in 2003. Institute: Dr. Sivanthi Aditanar college of Engg., Tiruchendur University: Manonmaniam Sundaranar Tamil Nadu.
ANST LEVEL II – RT,MT,UT,PT,VT Institute: Evergreen / QualTech – Chennai, Tamil Nadu.