Gulf Oil and Gas accountACCOUNT

Drilling Of Well A1-NC 188 Commenced In Libya

Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 11/10/2003, Location: Africa

Share |
Drilling of first exploratory well by TPOC- OVL consortium in NC-188 exploration block has commenced on 2nd November 2003. A high capacity rig GW-118 is deployed for this purpose in the challenging terrain of the Sahara deserts. Spudding of the well is considered to be an important milestone after successful completion of seismic campaign of 2D and 3D data acquisition. Pre-drill 3D seismic studies carried out jointly by TPOC OVL team has enhanced the understanding of existing plays in the block and identifying the drilling location.

OVL holds 49% stake in two exploration Blocks; NC188 and NC 189 where the remaining 51% is held by TPOC , which is also the operator.


Drilling News in Libya >>

Cameroon >>  5/22/2018 - Bowleven, the Africa focused oil and gas company traded on AIM, is pleased to announce the spud on 21 May 2018 of the IM-6 appraisal well at the Etind...
Egypt >>  5/22/2018 - SDX Energy Inc. (SDX), announces that the Kelvin-1X exploration well at South Disouq, Egypt (SDX 55% working interest and operator) has been drilled t...

Namibia >>  5/21/2018 - Azinam Limited, the Seacrest Capital Group backed explorer focused on offshore Namibia, is pleased to announce that it is planning a multi-well drilli...
Suriname >>  5/21/2018 - Kosmos Energy gives an update on current activity in Suriname. The Anapai-1 well drilling in Block-45 offshore Suriname encountered shallow bore hole ...

United States >>  5/21/2018 - 88 Energy has announced an update for its projects located on the North Slope of Alaska. Site works have commenced to clear snow and ice from the Fran...
United Kingdom >>  5/18/2018 - With reference to our press release of 14 February 2018, Awilco Drilling PLC has confirmed that a contract has been signed with Shell UK Limited for t...

Related Categories: Artificial Lift  Cementing, Stimulation  Directional Drilling  Drilling  Drilling Engineering & Equipment Systems  Enhanced Oil Recovery  General  Logging, Perforating, Testing  Offshore Drilling  Reservoir/Completion Consultants  Workover & Well Services  Workover Rigs/Services 

Related Articles: Artificial Lift  Cementing, Stimulation  Directional Drilling  Drilling  Drilling Engineering & Equipment Systems  Enhanced Oil Recovery  General  Logging, Perforating, Testing  Offshore Drilling  Reservoir/Completion Consultants  Workover & Well Services  Workover Rigs/Services 


Libya Oil & Gas 1 >>  2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |

Oil & Gas Projects in Libya >>

More News

 

Oil & Gas Companies in Libya >>


Related Links

AO BJ BW CD CG CI CM DZ EG ET GA GH GM GN GQ GW KE LR LY MA MG ML MR MZ NA NE NG RW SC SD SL SN SO ST SZ TD TN TZ UG ZA ZM
Gulf Oil and Gas
Copyright Universal Solutions All rights reserved. - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy.