Gulf Oil and Gas accountACCOUNT

Seismic Survey Completed in Mahdia Permit, Tunisia

Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 2/26/2009, Location: Africa

Share |
Circle Oil plc, the international oil and gas exploration, development and production company is pleased to announce the successful completion of a 2D marine seismic acquisition programme in the Mahdia Permit offshore Tunisia. A total of 500.75 kilometres of infill full fold 2D seismic data has been acquired by PGS Marine. The acquired data will now be sent for processing as a precursor to its interpretation and integration into the existing datasets for the area.

The Mahdia Permit is situated off the northern coast of Tunisia and covers an area of 3,780 square kilometres. Historically this and the surrounding area was successfully explored by Shell and Total resulting in discoveries and commercial oilfields such as Tazerka, Birsa, Oudna, Halk Al Menzel and Isis. Circle holds a 70% working interest in the permit with its partner Tethys Oil and Mining Inc. holding the remaining 30% interest. A commitment well must be drilled on the permit between now and mid 2012.

Commenting David Hough, CEO Circle Oil, said:
"The onboard preliminary processing of the acquired data clearly shows the target sequences and we are very pleased to progress our studies in this prospective area. The integration of this new data will allow us to complete our mapping and prioritise the multiple undrilled prospects which have already been mapped from the existing datasets."

Seismic survey News in Tunisia >>

Jamaica >>  8/13/2018 - United Oil & Gas Plc, the London Stock Exchange listed oil and gas exploration and development company, has announced that the fast track version of t...
United Arab Emirates >>  8/10/2018 - Polarcus Limited has received an award for a 3D marine seismic acquisition project in West Africa. The project duration is approximately three months ...

Australia >>  8/8/2018 - TGS announces that the purchase of the Capreolus 3D seismic survey from Polarcus has been completed. The Capreolus, full broadband 3D seismic survey i...
Canada >>  8/2/2018 - TGS announces West of Shetlands project. Acquisition has commenced on the new Erlend Wild West multi-client 3D seismic project. This survey will cove...

United States >>  8/2/2018 - TGS announces expansion of two 2018 onshore seismic surveys, Gloss Mountain 3D and Canton 3D, targeting the high potential Mississippian Chester, Osag...
Ireland >>  7/25/2018 - SOSINA Exploration Company provides a technical update regarding Frontier Exploration Licence (“FEL”) 3/04 located in the southern Porcupine Basin. FE...

Related Categories: Formation Evaluation  General  Geological, Geophysical  Geophysical Contractors  Mud Logging  Reservoir Engineering & Recovery Methods  Seismic survey  Well Completion, Logging, Workover 

Related Articles: Formation Evaluation  General  Geological, Geophysical  Geophysical Contractors  Mud Logging  Reservoir Engineering & Recovery Methods  Seismic survey  Well Completion, Logging, Workover 


Tunisia Oil & Gas 1 >>  2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Oil & Gas Projects in Tunisia >>

More News

 

Oil & Gas Companies in Tunisia >>


Related Links

AO BJ BW CD CG CI CM DZ EG ET GA GH GM GN GQ GW KE LR LY MA MG ML MR MZ NA NE NG RW SC SD SL SN SO ST SZ TD TN TZ UG ZA ZM
Gulf Oil and Gas
Copyright © Universal Solutions All rights reserved. - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy.