Lamprellís business started in the 1970ís in the United Arab Emirates when members of the family moved to Dubai, including Steven Lamprell. The business progressively undertook a widening range of engineering projects, increasingly for the offshore marine industry. Lamprell commenced its first accommodation jackup rig conversion in 1989 and then the refurbishment of its first jackup drilling rig in 1992. Subsequently, having a recognized a shortage of jackup rig repair skills in the region, Lamprell focused its efforts on this business activity. Lamprell has to date completed more than 180 rig upgrade and refurbishment projects and management believe it has established itself as the leading refurbishment contractor worldwide by number of jackup rigs completed in the Arabian Gulf.
Lamprell has played a prominent role in the development of the offshore industry in the Arabian Gulf for over 30 years, and more recently providing specialized services to the onshore and offshore oil & gas industry. Lamprellís three primary facilities are in Port Khalid and the Hamriyah Free Zone, both which are in the Emirate of Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and in the Jebel Ali Free Zone, in the Emirate of Dubai, also in the UAE.
Lamprell is a leading contractor in the Arabian Gulf, providing specialist services to the offshore and onshore oil and gas and renewable energy industry.
The principal markets in which Lamprell operates are:
- New build design and construction of jack up rigs, lift boats and tender barges.
- Repair, upgrade, modification, refurbishment and conversion of jack up rigs.
- Design, engineering, procurement, fabrication, load out and sea fastening of offshore oil & gas structures.
- Turrets, mooring systems, MOPUís, FPSO topside modules, offshore fixed platforms.
- Oilfield engineering services including the construction, upgrade and servicing of land rigs.
- Fabrication, construction and outfitting of accommodation units/ modules.
- Engineering design services and solutions.