Construction Engineer /Superintendent
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 20 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
To work for a major consyruction company in the Middle/Far East to the project completion.
March 05 to Present TOPSIDE CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER. ROTATING EQUIP/PACKAGES Total E&P Angola
Responsible for the Installation of all pump and static skids on the seven modules fabricated at the Samsung Heavy Industries ship yard and the five partially completed modules fabricated at the Daewoo Shipyard. Final integration of all the twelve module assemblies on the FSPO hull.
Main responsibilities include:
• Ensuring that DMP complies with the contract technical requirements (specs, procedures)
• Supervising field engineering
• Supervising prefabrication, contractors and subcontractors, erection up to and including pre-commissioning
• Liaison with Company discipline leader in Paris
Main equipment includes: G.E. LM.2500 Gas Generators driving Turbo-Dyne Barrel Tandem Compressors/ Jeumont Electric Generators 30MW plus all the auxiliary equipment; Ingersoll Rand Screw type Air Compressors; Various types/sizes of Centrifugal Pumps; Solar Taurus gas turbines driving Sulzer Water Injection Pumps and Oil Loading Pumps; Saacke Boilers plus all the FSPO auxiliary equipment.
Specific duties within the above responsibilities include:
• Verifying the construction or field engineering documents submitted by FPSO Topsides Contractor for comments and ensure compliance to all technical requirements
• Answering technical questions and site queries and reviewing questions and queries regarding exemption or modification requests
• Anticipating problems and proposing solution(s) or optimisation(s) to Area Managers and participating in any technical or co-ordination meeting necessary
• Communicating with FPSO Topsides Contractor’s relevant discipline team for solving daily problems
• Communicating with Company’s Hull lead relevant Discipline Engineer
• Ensuring that FPSO Topsides Contractor resources and organisation are adequate (and competent) to achieve the discipline engineering and construction works
• Evaluating workload and advising on potential issues to Construction Management
• Ensuring satisfactory performance of Vendors for equipment, participating in Vendor’s equipment inspections and FAT’s and daily inspections with inspectors and reporting to Area Engineers
O.N.C Mechanical Engineering
A fullt indentured Mechanical Apprenticeship
A Successful highly motivated and qualified Mechanical / Rotating Engineer & Superintendent with over 30 years extensive field-based experience within the Oil, Gas and Petrochemical industries.
A thorough knowledge and understanding in all aspects of Mechanical & Rotating engineering, which has included Site Management, Maintenance, Installation and Commissioning in addition to ‘On the Job Training’ of local nationals.
A skilled communicator, in both written and oral forms, able to develop and lead a multi-national team. Experienced in working in difficult and remote
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Oil Field Services