Field Engineer - Schlumberger - Drilling & Measurements
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 2 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
E&P of Oil&Gas, Operations, Drilling, Logging, Optimization, project engineering
Currently I am working for Schlumberger, in the Drilling & Measurement division, with +2 years international experience in oilfield services in one of the most important companies worldwide recognized for the training programs. As Field Engineer for reservoir evaluation, drilling optimization and real-time remote operations, I have been working in Texas, North Mexico and Venezuela
1999 – 2005 Simón Bolívar University. Caracas, Venezuela.
Undergraduate Degree: Mechanical Engineer (BSc.)
• Grade point average: 4.26 out of 5.00 (5.00 Max; 4.25 Cum Laude).
2003 – 2004 University of Karlsruhe. Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
Graduate Studies: Mechanical Engineering – Energy & Environment (MSc.)
• Participant in the academic exchange program of the USB University.
• Master Thesis in the Institute for Thermal Turbo-machinery: “NUMERICAL SIMULATIONS OF CONFINED SWIRL FLOWS WITH UNDERGOING VORTEX BREAKDOWN” (in English)
2005 – 2006 Schlumberger Technology Corporation.Houston, Texas, US
Field Engineer School:
• Training as oilfield service engineer for directional drilling (DD), drilling optimization and logging while drilling (LWD/MWD), reservoir evaluation and log interpretation (4 month).
• Soft-skills and Fundamentals in Management (1 month).
2006 IESA – Business School. Caracas, Venezuela
Management Development – Courses:
• Finance: Introduction to finance, financial investment optimization.
Schlumberger Software: The Drilling Office, IDEAL - Integrated Drilling Evaluation and Logging, HSPM – Horizon Signal Processing Module.
Commercial Software: CFX-5, Tecplot 9, AutoCAD, MathCAD, Borland C++, MATLAB, NASTRAM and Microsoft Office XP and UNIX Solaris.
Spanish: Native speaker.
English: Advanced level of oral and written comprehension.
German: Advanced level of oral and written communication. Summer Course in the University of Heidelberg 2003.
French: Fundamental level of oral and written comprehension
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Oil Field Services