Petrophysicist/Well Log Analyst
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 8 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Geologist having eight years of international experience in Petrophysical Evaluation and a proven track record of achievements in the competitive Oil and Gas exploration industry. Have good communication skills,wiliness to learn new things.
• Exposure in well log interpretation by using PowerLog, Geolog, Petra, familiar with IP, Petrolog.
• Well Log Data analysis for lithology identification, clay volume, porosity, oil and water saturation computation by creating cross plots, MultiMin and Quick look techniques in PowerBench Software.
• Assessments of summation reports generated in PowerLog for net pay and net reservoir.
• Remarkable Knowledge of data preparation, Validation, Zoning and Integration.
•Precise knowledge of digital log processing, database verification, editing, depth shifting, composting of different runs of wireline, LWD/MWD, cased-open hole, single, multilateral and sidetrack wells of different company like Schlumberger, Baker, Halliburton, Weatherford.
•Data preparation includes graphical editing methods, normalization, infilling of gaps, horizontal and vertical shifting of data, removal of casing effects, tool pulls, de-spiking and borehole corrections.
•Digitization of scanned log images and handling issues of backup or main scales as per well geology, having exposure on LIS, DLIS, and LAS data formats.
•Project management, supervision and provide In house training to fresh G & G people on well logs.
•Daily interaction with client for quality and quantity planning.
•Presently working under the guidance of Mr. Narain Singh Rawat, Consultant-Petrophysicist, ex-ONGC.
•Two months training on PowerLog for Computer Processed Interpretation by Mr. Joe Johnston, Chief Petrophysicist, Fugro Data Solution in North Wales, United Kingdom.
• One month training on United State wells LAS+ project by Xemil Hoxa, Lead Petrophysicist, TGS
• Two weeks training on Canadian LAS+ project by Magid Zaafaran, Sr. Technical Product Manager, TGS.
• Two weeks training on basic log interpretation by Somsaath Phonevilay, Senior Petrophysicist, TGS.
•Worked in Muscat, Oman as a Well Log Processing Trainer for Fugro Middle East to train Omani.
•One week training on RUI Database of PDO, it’s like RECALL & Compositing of exploration wells by Mr. Malcolm Satuart, Senior Petrophysicist, Petroleum Development Oman.
Master of Science in Applied Geology from Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra, Haryana in 2005.
Professional Work Experience:
Employer: RAMTeCH Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd. Dehradun (June 2012 to Date)
Position: Assistant Project Manger-Technical
Employer: Fugro Geoscience India Pvt. Ltd, Navi-Mumbai, now CGG-VERITAS (June 2007 to May 2012)
Position: Petrophysical Data Analyst/Well Log Processor
Employer: Pan India Consultantants Pvt. Ltd, Gurgaon (Oct 2005 to June 2007)
Position: Junior Geologist
Date of Birth 19 January 1980
Marital Status Married
Languages Known English, Hindi & Punjabi
Passport Details G3704738, Valid till 2017
International Travelled United Kingdom & Oman
Personal Interest Travelling, Reading Books, Yoga and Meditation
Permanent Address H. No. 68-B, Vasant Vihar, Karnal, Haryana
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Oil Field Services