Automation and Control/ Instrumentation Engineer
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 3 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Seeking a position in an organization that provides me ample opportunity to explore & excel while carving out the niche for personal, professional as well as organizational goals in the field of Control System/Process Automation/PLC & DCS Programming
NITTA GELATIN INDIA LTD., KOCHI, KERALA Since Aug’12
Automation & Instrumentation Engineer
•Spearheading efforts across installation, commissioning, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of all type of industrial instruments and programming of Allen Bradley SLC 500, Honeywell LM 620 and Honeywell ML 200R PLCs and I/O allocation based on P&I diagrams and Flow charts for Gelatin and Peptide manufacturing plants.•Responsible for Designing and Development of HMI Graphics on Honeywell Experion SCADA and Points Assignment using Quickbuilder with Modbus Addressing.•Handling Project Planning, Erection & Commissioning and execution of PLC I/O Rack Panel, Field Cable Termination, I/O Loop Checking and Management of Honeywell ML 200R LCM and Peptide Add-on projects.
•Managing resources of the sub contractors to ensure timely execution of the projects.
•Responsible for logic verification and fault finding of the logic developed by Honeywell Automation India Ltd. as per the Life Cycle Management Program for PLC up gradation.
•Conducting root cause analysis and troubleshooting of Honeywell LM 620 and Honeywell ML 200R PLCs.
• Installation, commissioning and calibrating of Honeywell, Krohne, Rosemount, E&H and Emerson make Flow, Temperature, Pressure and Level Instruments as per the monthly calibration plan.• Preparing and maintaining various records of calibration certificates and ISO documents of the plant instruments.• Processing procurement of process equipments and instruments through SAP/ Oracle ERP systems.• Accountable for verifying the performance of the test instrument which involves applying a standard value to the instrument and observing how it behaves and obtaining the correction factor for the test instrument; accordingly correction factors/calibration constants are calculated & incorporated in measurements.•Perform Instrument & Control activities as per drawings, specifications and project documents in accordance with the project field procedures.
Newcastle University, United Kingdom
B. Tech. in Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, 2008
MG University, Kerala
Languages C, C++, HHDL, Ladder, Functional Block
Software MATLAB, SIMULINK, RSLinx, TwidoSuite, Honeywell Experion, Allen Bradley Factory Talk, Siemens Step 7, Honeywell Softmaster
Modules SAP, Oracle
Others MS-Office, Internet
• Industrial training at Travancore Cochin Chemicals (TCC) Ltd.
• Programming of Honeywell ML 200R, Siemens S7, AB Micrologix, GE Fanuc, OMRON PLC and Schneider Twido PLC.
• Design and programming of InTouch, iFix, Citect and Factory Talk SCADA.
• Programming and interfacing of Schneider HMI using Vijeo Designer.
• Design and implementation of control systems on MATLAB and SIMULINK.
• SMED, A3 Problem solving methodology, 5S workplace organization, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and FMEA development and implementation.
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Ecological & Environmental
Oil Field Services