CFO / INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 18 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Implementation of information systems
Management of teams in multicultural environments
Legal and tax optimization / Mergers & Acquisitions
Monitoring and optimization of financial flows within a variety of environments
MAUREL & PROM GROUP– (French Oil & Drilling Company listed in Paris Stock Exchange), Paris, France - annual sales in excess of 650 MUS$.
2009 – Currently Regional CFO– Latin America Area – Based in Bogota, Colombia (Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, and Brazil) – M&P Colombia BV (exploration subsidiary created in June 2009):
• CFO for the 4 subsidiaries (3 explorations and one production).
• 50 persons / Managing directly 15 persons – 650 MUS$ of investments in 6 years – Sales in excess of 50 MUS$ (2013).
• Management of all financial functions (accounts, reporting to head office and local authorities, consolidation, budget, controlling, treasury, installation of Oracle, relationships with partners JV, tax optimization, legal, insurance, trading of crude oil, ...).
• Supervision of local teams in 4 countries.
• Creation of the Finance Department. Management of contractual relations with the authorities and implementation of industry standards in the financial, legal, fiscal, contractual, cash management, cost control.
• Preparation of financial statements complete with IFRS audited by E&Y Netherlands.
• Optimization of the Latin America Group's structure (onshore/ offshore) regarding the legal organization with Head office based in Netherlands.
• Participation in data rooms acquisition of new subsidiaries in Argentina, Peru and Venezuela.
• Managing financial and operational audit process with partners regarding Joint Operating Agreement (mainly Colombia & Peru). Reached to get payback for 4 MUS$ for both entities.
• Preparation reports for the Board, the Lenders and the Shareholders.
• Establishment / consolidation sound framework of financial policies & procedures. Design and implement policies and procedures covering all aspects of finance function.
• Effective CEO 2 months per year (Latin America Area).
1998/1999 UNIVERSITY OF PARIS PANTHEON-SORBONNE, IAE (Institut d’Administration des Entreprises), Paris, France.
« DESS – Management & Affaires Internationales » (Graduate degree in management & international business).
1992/1997 INTEC (Institut National des Techniques Economiques et Comptables), Paris, France.
1997 « DESCF – Diplôme d’Etudes Supérieures Comptables et Financières » (Certified Public Accountant degree, attended in evening classes).
1994/1996 « DEFC – Diplôme d’Etudes Financières et Comptables » (College degree in accounting & finance).
1992/1994 « DPECF » (junior years in accounting& finance).
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Oil Field Services