Gulf Oil and Gas accountACCOUNT

Lundin Acquires New Malaysian Acreage & Operatorship

Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 6/3/2011, Location: Asia

Lundin Petroleum AB (Lundin Petroleum) is pleased to announce that its wholly owned subsidiary, Lundin Malaysia B.V. has entered into an agreement with PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd to farm-in to Block PM307 offshore Peninsula Malaysia. Under the agreement, Lundin Petroleum acquires a 75 percent interest and operatorship. PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd holds the remaining 25 percent interest in the Block. Block PM307 covers an area of approximately 6,126 km2 and contains a proven oil discovery. Work commitments include 500 km2 of 3D seismic, an appraisal well on the discovery and an exploration well.

Lundin Petroleum now operates a total of 6 Blocks in Malaysia divided into 2 core areas. The Peninsula Malaysia core area consists of PM307, PM308A and PM308B which are contiguous. The Sabah core area consists of SB303, SB307 and SB308 which are also contiguous blocks. Ashley Heppenstall, President and CEO of Lundin Petroleum comments:" The signing of this Block marks a further important step forward in Lundin Petroleum's pursuit of organic growth opportunities in Malaysia and South East Asia. We are particularly encouraged by the recent announcement made by the Malaysian Government regarding fiscal incentives for small fields that when implemented could accelerate commercialisation of the proven discovery that exists within the Block."

Acquisitions and Divestitures News in Malaysia >>

Ireland >>  1/23/2020 - Europa Oil & Gas (Holdings) plc, the UK and Ireland focused oil and gas exploration, development and production company, provides an update on the far...
Mexico >>  1/22/2020 - Reference is made to the stock exchange notification published by Electromagnetic Geoservices ASA (EMGS) on 4 June 2019, wherein the Company informed ...

Indonesia >>  1/21/2020 - Mubadala Petroleum announces that it has completed the farmout of a 20 percent participating interest in each of the Andaman I and South Andaman Gros...
Australia >>  1/20/2020 - The Board of Metgasco Ltd has executed a re-stated L14 Western Flank farm-out agreement with RCMA Australia Pty Ltd (“Jade”) and Vintage Energy Ltd. ...

Egypt >>  1/20/2020 - Petroleum Minister Tarek el Mulla signed nine agreements on oil and gas exploration in the Mediterranean and Western Desert with total investments of ...
United Kingdom >>  1/20/2020 - The Company is pleased to provide an update to the announcement of 4 November 2019, regarding the exclusivity agreement (the "Agreement") in respect o...

Related Categories: Accounting, Statistics  Acquisitions and Divestitures  Asset Portfolio Management  Economics/Financial Analysis  General  Industrial Development  Insurance  Investment  Mergers and Acquisitions  Risk Management 

Related Articles: Accounting, Statistics  Acquisitions and Divestitures  Asset Portfolio Management  Economics/Financial Analysis  General  Insurance  Investment  Mergers and Acquisitions  Risk Management 


Malaysia Oil & Gas 1 >>  2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

More News

Related Links

AZ BD BN CN GE HK ID IN IR JP KH KR KZ MM MN MY PG PH PK RU SG TH TJ TM TW UA UZ VN
Gulf Oil and Gas
Copyright © 2020 Universal Solutions All rights reserved. - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy.