Gulf Oil and Gas accountACCOUNT

Testing Operations Resume on Block 15

Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 12/27/2011, Location: Middle East

Testing operations on Block 15 onshore Oman have resumed. A jet pump has been installed in the JAS-2 well in an attempt to clear the well from water an enable it to flow hydrocarbons. The Block 15 license has been extended for three years, until October 2014.

The JAS -2 well, drilled in 2008, showed the same log response while drilling as the JAS-1 drilled in 2007. Whereas the JAS-1 well flowed reasonable quantities of gas and condensate, the JAS -2 well however, tested only water. Subsequent analysis of JAS -2, including a comprehensive logging program in 2010, suggests that the water comes from a system of fractures located at the far end of the 927 metres horizontal section. Indications are that the fracture system is limited with finite volumes of water. The test now being conducted, will attempt to pump off the water and enable the well to flow hydrocarbons.

The Block 15 license has been extended until October 2014 with a minimum work programme consisting of among others additional seismic studies and the drilling of one more well. Tethys has a 40 per cent interest of Block 15. Odin Energi A/S holds the remaining 60 percent and is operator.

Testing >>

Testing News in Oman >>

Saudi Arabia >>  11/13/2019 - Sadara Chemical Company (Sadara) and Baker Hughes have signed agreements through which Sadara will supply feedstock chemicals to a Baker Hughes chemic...
Kuwait >>  11/12/2019 - Honeywell (HON) announced that Kuwait Integrated Petroleum Industries Company (KIPIC) has selected Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS) to be the main au...

United Arab Emirates >>  11/12/2019 - ADNOC LNG has concluded supply agreements with subsidiaries of BP and TOTAL, effectively booking out the majority of its LNG production through Q1 202...
United Arab Emirates >>  11/11/2019 - Penspen has been awarded a prestigious Project Management Consultancy (PMC) framework agreement from the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC). The f...

Oman >>  11/6/2019 - Rex International Holding subsidiary Masirah Oil has announced that it has awarded a drilling rig contract to Foresight Offshore Drilling, to utilize ...
United Arab Emirates >>  11/5/2019 - GMS announces the award of a 4-year contract (firm period) for a K-Class (Small) vessel. GMS's customer is a Middle East national oil company, for whi...

Related Categories: General  Hydrostatic Testing  Inspection  Laboratory Services  Non Destructive Testing  Testing 

Related Articles: General  Hydrostatic Testing  Inspection  Laboratory Services  Non Destructive Testing  Testing 


Oman Oil & Gas 1 >>  2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |

Oil & Gas Projects in Oman >>

More News

Related Links

AE BH IL IQ JO KW LB OM QA SA SY YE
Gulf Oil and Gas
Copyright © 2019 Universal Solutions All rights reserved. - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy.