Gulf Oil and Gas accountACCOUNT

CBM Asia to Acquire Coalbed Methane PSC in Indonesia

Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 1/25/2012, Location: Asia

CBM Asia Development Corp. announces that it has signed a Heads of Agreement ("Agreement") with PT Tranaco Utama ("Tranaco"), a private Indonesian company that holds the first rights to undertake a production sharing contract ("PSC") for a 1,500 square kilometre coalbed methane block in Kalimantan, Indonesia.

Under the terms of the Agreement, CBM Asia has the right to acquire 80% participation interest in the proposed coalbed methane PSC and be appointed operator (with Tranaco to hold the remaining 20% participation interest) in consideration for reimbursing Tranaco's sunk costs and paying any signing bonus to the Indonesian government upon the award of a PSC. On January 18, 2012, CBM Asia and Tranaco submitted a proposal to the Director General of Oil and Gas ("Migas") to approve the award of a coalbed methane PSC through the Direct Offer Mechanism under Ministerial Regulation of the Department of Energy and Mineral Resources. The proposal is based on a Joint Evaluation Study undertaken by Tranaco in 2011.

"This Agreement represents the advancement of our business strategy to materially expand our land position in Indonesia where, in 2011, we acquired a 70% participating interest and operatorship in the Bentian Besar CBM PSC and the Hulu CBM PSC", commented Mr. Alan T. Charuk, CBM Asia's CEO and President, "There are a number of coalbed methane PSCs in proximity to the block area operated by Exxon Mobil and BP".

Coalbed Methane News in Indonesia >>

China >>  2/14/2019 - Fluor Corporation (FLR) was awarded the engineering, procurement and construction management contract for Valvoline’s new blending and packaging facil...
Russia >>  2/14/2019 - Alexey Miller, Chairman of the Gazprom Management Committee, and Yan Novikov, Chairman of the Management Board, Director General of the Almaz-Antey Co...

Russia >>  2/1/2019 - PAO NOVATEK (“NOVATEK” and/or the “Company”) announced that Arctic LNG 2 (the “Project”) and Siemens signed a contract on compressor equipment for thr...
Azerbaijan >>  1/28/2019 - Representatives of SOCAR headed by the President Rovnag Abdullayev held a meeting in Baku with a delegation from Kazakhstan, led by Alik Aydarbayev, C...

Related Categories: Coalbed Methane  General  Heavy Oil  Methane Clathrate  Oil Sands  Oil Shale  Shale Gas  Tight Gas  Tight Oil 

Related Articles: Coalbed Methane  General  Heavy Oil  Methane Clathrate  Oil Sands  Oil Shale  Shale Gas  Tight Gas  Tight Oil 


Indonesia Oil & Gas 1 >>  2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |

More News

Related Links

AZ BD BN CN GE HK ID IN IR JP KR KZ MM MN MY PG PH PK RU SG TH TJ TM TW UA UZ VN
Gulf Oil and Gas
Copyright © Universal Solutions All rights reserved. - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy.