Gulf Oil and Gas accountACCOUNT

Senex Resumes Production at Snatcher Oil Field

Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 5/4/2012, Location: Not categorized

Senex Energy Limited (Senex) advises that oil production recommenced at the Snatcher oil field in PEL 111 on the western flank of the South Australian Cooper Basin. Appraisal activities at the Snatcher oil field ceased in January 2010 following a one-in-forty year flood of the Cooper Basin that inundated the field and isolated the two producing oil wells, Snatcher-1 and Snatcher-2. Senex regained access to the field in late 2011 and work commenced in January 2012 to reinstate production from these wells and complete a third well, Snatcher-3, for production.

Localised rain and flooding cut access to the field several times in recent months and delayed work for several weeks. Notwithstanding those delays, Senex constructed causeways to the isolated Snatcher-1 and Snatcher-2 wells and completed construction of new production facilities for the field. New hydraulic pumping units are currently being installed at Snatcher-1 and Snatcher-2, to reinstate production of the rod-pumped wells, with the flood damaged beam pumps remaining in-situ but non-operational.

Senex Managing Director Ian Davies said planned development work at Snatcher oil field was expected to result in a rapid increase in production from the field in the 2012/13 financial year. “Before the field was inundated in 2010, Snatcher-1 and Snatcher-2 were producing more than 500 barrels of oil per day (gross) from the mid Birkhead channel sands. We expect to reinstate production from those wells within weeks and have agreed on an accelerated program for the field with our joint venture partner Beach Energy Limited,” he said.

Senex and Beach have agreed to drill two new appraisal wells, Snatcher-4 and Snatcher-5, at the field, with drilling at Snatcher-4 expected to commence within the coming weeks. The Snatcher oil field is adjacent to the Santos-operated Charo oil field in PPL 177. Senex holds a 60% interest in PEL111 and is Operator of the joint venture, with the remaining 40% interest held by Beach.

Production News in Australia >>

Australia >>  7/7/2020 - Comet Ridge Limited has announced that the Mahalo Gas Project (MGP) has been granted Queensland State Government Petroleum Leases (PLs) 1082 ('Humbold...
Brazil >>  7/2/2020 - Dommo Energia S.A. announces to the market that the oil production from Tubarao Martelo Field (“TBMT”), operated by the company, reached 175,619 barre...

Norway >>  7/2/2020 - The template for the annual status report (ASR) for fields in production from 2019 to 2020 has been simplified. Starting from 2020, ASR for fields in ...
United Kingdom >>  6/30/2020 - CHIEF EXECUTIVE'S STATEMENT I am pleased to present the unaudited results of UK Oil & Gas PLC ('UKOG') for the six-month period ended 31 Mar...

United States >>  6/30/2020 - ConocoPhillips announced its estimated production curtailment impacts for the second quarter of 2020 and provided comments on future curtailments.
...

Brazil >>  6/29/2020 - Petrobras reports that the platforms (P- 74, P-75, P-76 and P-77) installed in the Búzios field, in the Santos Basin pre-salt, reached new producti...

Related Categories: Camp Building  Cleaning Equipment, Services  Communication  Corrosion Products/Services  Development  Exploration  Food Supplies  General  Labor Services  Land & Leasing  Mine Clearance  Oil & Gas Companies  Production  Service Companies  Skilled Labors  Transportation, 4X4 Trucks  Unskilled Labors  Utility Systems  Waste Disposal  Water Supply Services  Welding Products/Services 

Related Articles: Camp Building  Cleaning Equipment, Services  Communication  Corrosion Products/Services  Development  Exploration  General  Labor Services  Land & Leasing  Mine Clearance  Oil & Gas Companies  Production  Service Companies  Skilled Labors  Transportation, 4X4 Trucks  Utility Systems  Water Supply Services  Welding Products/Services 


Australia Oil & Gas 1 >>  2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 |

More News

Related Links

AU NZ
Gulf Oil and Gas
Copyright © 2020 Universal Solutions All rights reserved. - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy.