SemGroup Corporation announced that it has executed a definitive agreement to acquire the equity interests of Mid-America Midstream Gas Services, L.L.C., a wholly owned subsidiary of Chesapeake Energy Corporation , which is the owner of gas gathering and processing assets in the Mississippi Lime play for $300 million in cash. The transaction is expected to close by the third quarter of 2013 and is subject to certain regulatory approvals and closing conditions.
- 200 miles of gathering pipeline;
- Rose Valley I plant: 200 mmcfd cryogenic processing plant, expected to be operational first quarter 2014;
- Rose Valley II plant: 200 mmcfd cryogenic processing plant, expected to be operational first quarter 2016;
- Approximately 540,000 net acre dedication in the core of the Mississippi Lime play, supported by a recently announced joint venture between Chesapeake Energy Corporation and Sinopec International Petroleum Exploration and Production Corporation; and
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation has committed to a 20-year, 100% fee-based, gas gathering and processing agreement.
"We are very excited about the acquisition of these key assets. These assets are positioned for exceptional growth and will significantly increase our strategic position in the Mississippi Lime play," said Norm Szydlowski, president and chief executive officer of SemGroup. "This purchase expands our scale in highly attractive, liquids-rich areas with strong producer activity and organic growth opportunities, while adding to our future inventory of drop down assets for Rose Rock Midstream."
Rose Valley plants I and II require approximately $125 million of additional capital expenditures for completion, as well as additional capital related to future well connects. Combined with our existing facilities, SemGroup will have a total processing capacity of 600 mmcfd in Northern Oklahoma and with approximately 655,000 net acre dedications within the core of the Mississippi Lime play, opportunity to further grow as production increases. SemGroup will fund the acquisition under existing committed credit facilities. LCT Capital, LLC and Citi acted as financial advisors to SemGroup.
For more information about related Opportunities and Key Players visit Unconventional Oil & Gas