Gulf Oil and Gas accountACCOUNT

Long Term Production Test Commences on Block 15

Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 6/24/2013, Location: Middle East

The JAS-1 well on Block 15 onshore the Sultanate of Oman has been put on a long term production test. An early production system with facilities has been completed and commissioned. Initial flow rates of liquid hydrocarbons amount to some 200 barrels per day of 44 degree API oil. The test production is designed to further evaluate the Jebel Aswad discovery.

The Omani oilfield service provider SURTECH has provided and installed the test facilities, including separator, skim and surge tanks, 3 storage tanks of 500 barrels each together with an offloading site and a flare unit. The liquid production of oil and or condensate will be trucked to Occidental Petroleum’s Wadi Latham facilities In addition to the JAS-1 activities, a drilling rig is being mobilized to drill a vertical sidetrack to the JAS-2 well to evaluate deeper potential reservoirs.

“It is with great satisfaction we now see activities on Block 15 increase again. Both the long term production test as well as the deepening of the JAS-2 well should add important information to further exploration of the Block,” comments Tethys Oil’s managing director Magnus Nordin. Tethys Oil AB has a 40 per cent interest in Blocks 15. Partner and operator is Odin Energi, holding the remaining 60 per cent.

Background
Two wells have been drilled on Block 15 since Tethys entered the licence in 2006. The JAS-1 well flowed gas and 57 degree API condensate when drilled and tested in 2007. The JAS-2 well, drilled in 2008, showed the same log response but Natih was wet. In 2008, a 3D seismic survey covering 285 square kilometres of the JAS structure was completed.

Production News in Oman >>

United Kingdom >>  4/7/2020 - Ithaca Energy Limited is pleased to provide the following operations update together with the results of its year-end 2019 independent reserves evalua...
Libya >>  4/6/2020 - The forced and illegal restriction of oil and gas production has resulted in financial losses exceeding 3,957,326,455 USD?since January 17, 2020. This...

Oman >>  4/6/2020 - In response to the sharp drop in oil prices and increased uncertainty resulting from the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Tethys Oil has put in ...
United Kingdom >>  4/6/2020 - RockRose Energy plc, the independent oil and gas production company, is pleased to announce its Full Year Results for the 12 months to 31 December 201...

Brazil >>  4/1/2020 - Dommo Energia S.A. announces to the market that the oil production from Tubarao Martelo Field (“TBMT”), operated by the company, reached 165,070 barre...
India >>  4/1/2020 - McDermott International, Inc. announced that early first gas has been achieved on India's Oil and Natural Gas Corporation's (ONGC) 98/2 Block in the K...

Related Categories: Camp Building  Cleaning Equipment, Services  Communication  Corrosion Products/Services  Development  Exploration  Food Supplies  General  Labor Services  Land & Leasing  Mine Clearance  Oil & Gas Companies  Production  Service Companies  Skilled Labors  Transportation, 4X4 Trucks  Unskilled Labors  Utility Systems  Waste Disposal  Water Supply Services  Welding Products/Services 

Related Articles: Camp Building  Cleaning Equipment, Services  Communication  Corrosion Products/Services  Development  Exploration  General  Labor Services  Land & Leasing  Mine Clearance  Oil & Gas Companies  Production  Service Companies  Skilled Labors  Transportation, 4X4 Trucks  Utility Systems  Water Supply Services  Welding Products/Services 


Oman Oil & Gas 1 >>  2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |

Oil & Gas Projects in Oman >>

More News

Related Links

Gulf Oil and Gas
Copyright © 2020 Universal Solutions All rights reserved. - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy.