Gulf Oil and Gas accountACCOUNT

NCC Signs SR1.13 Billion Deal for Tankers

Source: arabnews 6/13/2006, Location: Middle East

An SR1.13-billion contract for the manufacture of six tankers for National Chemical Carriers (NCC) was signed here yesterday. Faisal Saud Al-Saleh, NCC board chairman, signed the contract with Su Eun Yoo, chairman of Shina Shipbuilding Co. Ltd. of Korea, for building six chemical tankers of 45,000 deadweight tons apiece. The new ships will be delivered in 2009-10.

The signing ceremony, held at the Equestrian Club, was witnessed, among others, by senior officials from the Ministry of Transport, Public Investment Fund (Ministry of Finance), Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) and diplomats from the Korean Embassy, besides the chief executives of several banks. It was also announced that the NCC would further increase its share capital from the current level of SR 500 million in preparation for the initial public offering, which would be floated by the end of this year. The company is planning to sell 30 percent of its shares to the public. A companyís spokesman said they were hopeful of a good response, since NCC had a strong showing last year with a net income of over SR65 million.

Speaking after the signing ceremony, Al-Saleh said the project represents part of the companyís fleet expansion program to reinforce its position in the chemical transportation industry. He added that it would boost Saudi exports of liquid petrochemicals, an area in which SABIC is the dominant player.

Elaborating on the chairmanís remarks, Abdullah Mohanna, chief executive officer of NCC, said the six new vessels would be built at the Shina Shipbuilding Co. Ltd. site in South Korea. The package also provides for 20 fully segregated cargo tanks with a cruising speed of 15 knots.

Established in 1990 as a limited liability company with a capital of SR500 million, NCC is 80 percent owned by the National Shipping Co. of Saudi Arabia, with SABIC owning the remaining 20 percent. It has a fleet of 17 vessels with a total of tonnage of 673,000 tons. This capacity would further increase with the addition of the six new vessels boosting the fleet to 23 ships.

The company operates part of its fleet through international cooperation with Odfjell Seachem of Norway as the largest operator worldwide. The other part of the NCC fleet operates under long-term charter to SABIC. It serves over 150 ports and carries about one-quarter of SABICís shipments for exports.

Tankers News in Saudi Arabia >>

Kuwait >>  10/10/2019 - Fluor Corporation (FLR) announced that its joint venture COOEC-Fluor Heavy Industries, Co., Ltd. (COOEC-Fluor) fabrication yard in Zhuhai, China, has ...
Qatar >>  10/10/2019 - International specialist equipment and integrated engineering services company, Sparrows Group, has been awarded its first contract with Qatar Petrole...

Iraq >>  10/8/2019 - Weatherford International has been awarded two fully integrated rig contracts and one well services (through-tubing intervention) contract with a mult...
Qatar >>  10/7/2019 - Qatar Petroleum assumed the management and operatorship of the Idd El-Shargi North Dome (ISND) and Idd El-Shargi South Dome (ISSD) offshore oil fields...

United Arab Emirates >>  9/24/2019 - Weatherford International plc (WFTIQ) has signed a $220 million, three-year contract with the Abu Dhabi Company for Offshore Petroleum Operations Limi...

Related Categories: General  LNG Carriers  LNG Terminal  Natural Gas Storage  Oil and Gas Pipeline  Oil Storage  Railways  Tank Truck  Tankers 

Related Articles: General  LNG Carriers  LNG Terminal  Natural Gas Storage  Oil and Gas Pipeline  Oil Storage  Railways  Tank Truck  Tankers 


Saudi Arabia Oil & Gas 1 >>  2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |

More News

Related Links

AE BH IL IQ JO KW LB OM QA SA SY YE
Gulf Oil and Gas
Copyright © 2019 Universal Solutions All rights reserved. - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy.