Seplat to List on London and Nigerian Stock Exchanges

Source: Reuters 3/11/2014, Location: Africa

Seplat plans to raise at least $500 million by floating shares on the London and Nigerian stock exchanges to pay down debt and fund acquisitions, it said.

Seplat, in which French energy firm Maurel & Prom and Swiss-based trader Mercuria both have minority stakes, said last year it would seek a dual listing in London and Lagos.

Maurel & Prom has also said it is considering a second listing in London.

A source close to Maurel said Seplat's intention was to float in June and the company's equity value was approximately $1 billion.

Seplat said the main source of its future acquisitions would come from divestments by international oil companies.

BNP Paribas and Standard Bank are joint global co-ordinators, while Renaissance Capital, Citigroup and RBC Europe are joint bookrunners on the flotation.

Seplat pumps around 60,000 barrels per day of oil from three blocks it operates in the Niger Delta. It bought a 45 percent stake in the blocks from Royal Dutch Shell, Total and Eni in 2010. Nigerian state-energy firm NNPC owns the remaining 55 percent.


United Kingdom >>  7/5/2022 - NextEnergy Solar Fund, the specialist renewable energy investment company, is pleased to announce it has signed a two-year extension to its existing £...
United Kingdom >>  7/5/2022 - Mast Energy Developments Plc, the UK-based multi-asset owner and operator in the rapidly growing Reserve Power market is pleased to announce an update...

Canada >>  7/4/2022 - Pine Cliff Energy Ltd. has repaid in full, all term debt and insider debt as of June 30, 2022. Pine Cliff is one of the first Canadian public oil and ...
France >>  7/4/2022 - Under the liquidity contract signed between Etablissements Maurel & Prom and Natixis ODDO BHF, the following assets were booked to the liquidity accou...

Luxembourg >>  7/4/2022 - Subsea 7 S.A. announced transactions made in accordance with its share repurchase programme during the week commencing 27 June 2022.

Date ...

Malaysia >>  7/4/2022 - Rex International Holding Limited wishes to announce that its wholly owned subsidiary Pantai Rhu Energy Sdn Bhd (“PRE”) has engaged the Carlingford di...

Related Categories: Accounting, Statistics  Acquisitions and Divestitures  Asset Portfolio Management  Economics/Financial Analysis  General  Industrial Development  Insurance  Investment  Mergers and Acquisitions  Risk Management 

Related Articles: Accounting, Statistics  Acquisitions and Divestitures  Asset Portfolio Management  Economics/Financial Analysis  General  Industrial Development  Insurance  Investment  Mergers and Acquisitions  Risk Management 


Gulf Oil and Gas
Copyright © 2021 Universal Solutions All rights reserved. - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy.