Inpex Receives Environmental Permit for Abadi LNG Project

Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 8/12/2014, Location: Asia

Inpex Masela Ltd. has received an environmental permit from the Indonesian government for the Abadi liquefied natural gas (LNG) Project in the Masela Block, Arafura Sea, Indonesia. The Abadi LNG Project is now being prepared by Inpex for development utilizing a Floating LNG (FLNG) concept.

The approval of the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment, known locally as AMDAL (Analisis Mengenai Dampak Lingkungan), moves the project a step closer towards development. In December 2010, the Indonesian authorities granted its approval for Inpex's plan of development for the Abadi project, which includes a FLNG with a capacity of 2.5 million tons per year of LNG. Inpex is currently conducting front end engineering and design works for the project. Inpex holds a 65 percent operating interest in the Masela Block, while the remaining 35 percent is held by Royal Dutch Shell plc. Last June, Inpex and Shell acquired the 10 percent share belonging to Indonesia's upstream oil and gas company PT EMP Energi Indonesia (EMPI) after the latter agreed to divest its 10 percent participating interest in the Abadi LNG Project.


Norway >>  5/12/2021 - Horisont Energi announced that it signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with TGS, a global provider of energy data and intelligence, to jointly d...
United Kingdom >>  5/11/2021 - SSE Thermal and Equinor have unveiled plans to jointly develop a new low-carbon power station at Peterhead, which could become one of the UK’s first p...

Norway >>  5/5/2021 - Kongsberg Digital, BW LNG and Alpha Ori Technologies have signed a strategic digitalization partnership to realize digital capabilities that enhance e...
United Kingdom >>  4/30/2021 - Jersey Oil & Gas (AIM: JOG), an independent upstream oil and gas company ?focused on the UK Continental Shelf ("UKCS") region of the North Sea, is ple...

Russia >>  4/29/2021 - - Haldor Topsoe and Shchekinoazot have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the objective to reduce the carbon footprint of Shchekinoazot’s...
United States >>  4/29/2021 - Puget Sound Energy has signed a joint development agreement with Mitsubishi Power Americas, Inc. to collaborate on project development and technology ...

Related Categories: Ecological & Environmental  Emissions Measuring  Environment Management, Consultancy  Environmental Services  General  Hazardous Waste Management  Oil Spill & Emergency Response  Safety Services  Waste Disposal 

Related Articles: Ecological & Environmental  Emissions Measuring  Environment Management, Consultancy  Environmental Services  General  Hazardous Waste Management  Oil Spill & Emergency Response  Safety Services  Waste Disposal 


Gulf Oil and Gas
Copyright © 2021 Universal Solutions All rights reserved. - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy.