Petromanas Secures New Rig for 2015/16 Drilling Program

Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 10/8/2014, Location: Europe

Petromanas Energy Inc announced that, through its wholly-owned subsidiary Petromanas Albania GmBH and as operator of a joint venture with Shell Upstream Albania in Blocks 2-3, it has entered into a definitive agreement with a third party to secure a 3,000 horsepower heavy drilling rig for use in its planned 2015/16 drilling program. The contract has an initial term of two years with an option for extension. Under the terms of the agreement, the rig is expected to be mobilized to Albania in late 2014 or early 2015. The Company intends to release its current rig upon the conclusion of drilling operations at the Molisht-1 well on Blocks 2-3.

"The new rig we have sourced is designed to deal with the rigours of the deep, geologically complex wells we are drilling in Albania," said Glenn McNamara, Chief Executive Officer of Petromanas. "The joint venture intends to use the new rig to drill its third and fourth wells on Blocks 2-3, which will be appraisal wells to the Shpirag-2 discovery well."

Petromanas holds a 25% working interest in Blocks 2-3 and is the operator with Shell holding the remaining 75% interest.


Denmark >>  8/12/2022 - TotalEnergies EP Denmark A/S has exercised an option to add two months to the accommodation services work scope for the jack-up rig Maersk Interceptor...
South Africa >>  8/12/2022 - Eco (Atlantic) Oil & Gas Ltd., the oil and gas exploration company focused on the offshore Atlantic Margins, confirms that the Island Innovator rig, o...

United States >>  8/11/2022 - Aquadrill LLC ("Aquadrill” or the “Company") has extended the charter hire agreement for the Auriga rig with a subsidiary of Diamond Offshore Drilling...
Norway >>  8/8/2022 - The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) has given Equinor consent to use the mobile drilling facility Transocean Encourage for workover of well on...

Singapore >>  8/5/2022 - Keppel Corporation Limited (“KCL”) refers to:
a. the media release dated 3 March 2014 with respect to Keppel FELS Limited (“Keppel FELS”), a who...

Nigeria >>  8/4/2022 - Borr Drilling Limited has received a binding Letter of Intent (“LOI”) for the premium jack-up drilling rig “Prospector 5” from an undisclosed operator...

Related Categories: General  Rig Equipment  Rig Operators  Rigs, Coring & Exploration 

Related Articles: General  Rig Equipment  Rig Operators  Rigs, Coring & Exploration 


Gulf Oil and Gas
Copyright © 2021 Universal Solutions All rights reserved. - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy.