Gulf Oil and Gas accountACCOUNT

Petsec Completes Acquisition of 29.75% in Block 7

Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 9/30/2015, Location: Middle East

Petsec Energy has completed the acquisition of both the Mitsui E&P Middle East (8.5%) and AWE Limited (21.25%) Participating Interests in the Block 7, Al Barqa Permit, in the Republic of Yemen – combined 29.75% Participating Interest in Block 7.

Block 7 is an onshore exploration permit covering an area of 5,000 sq kms (1,235,527 acres) located approx. 340km east of Sana’a, the capital of Yemen. The block contains the Al Meashar oil discovery as well as an inventory of leads and prospects defined by 2D and 3D seismic surveys, which hold significant oil potential.

Petsec Energy’s Chairman, Terry Fern, commented on the acquisition:
'We are pleased to have concluded both the acquisition of the Mitsui and the AWE interests in Block 7. The acquisition of these interests in combination with the anticipated conclusion of the acquisition by the Company of Oil Search (ROY) Limited, which holds a further 34% Participating Interest and is the designated operator of the block, will provide a significant exposure to high value oil assets within the MENA region that are highly prospective for oil. Block 7 has the potential to add significant oil reserves to Petsec Energy’s resource base and substantial value to the Company’s shareholders. The Company intends to build upon this initial investment in the Republic of Yemen by seeking further reserve development acquisitions in the region'.

The current interests held in Block 7 (Al Barqa) are as follows: Petsec Energy Yemen Ltd 29.75%; Oil Search (ROY) Limited (Operator) 34.00%; KUFPEC (Aden) Limited 21.25%;The Yemen General Corporation for Oil and Gas 15.00%.

For more information about Oil and Gas in Yemen visit Yemen Projects Database

Acquisitions and Divestitures News in Yemen >>

United Arab Emirates >>  4/18/2019 - Eni has signed an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement covering Block A Offshore Ras Al Khaimah, as well as the relevant Joint Operating Agree...
United Kingdom >>  4/18/2019 - Angus Energy is pleased to inform investors that, further to its announcement of 26 February 2019, the Company has now completed the acquisition of Do...

Argentina >>  4/17/2019 - Equinor adds seven offshore exploration blocks to its portfolio, after presenting winning bids in the 1st Offshore Licensing Round in Argentina. ...
Argentina >>  4/16/2019 - Qatar Petroleum has won exploration rights in five offshore blocks in the North Argentina, and Malvinas West basins in Argentina. ...

Morocco >>  4/16/2019 - Sound Energy, the Moroccan focused upstream gas company, is pleased to announce that the process to convert Schlumberger's existing 27.5% interest in ...
Russia >>  4/16/2019 - Gazprom Neft subsidiary Gazpromneft-Zapolyarye has concluded long-term risk-based operator agreements with Gazprom PJSC subsidiaries, allowing the com...

Related Categories: Accounting, Statistics  Acquisitions and Divestitures  Asset Portfolio Management  Economics/Financial Analysis  General  Industrial Development  Insurance  Investment  Mergers and Acquisitions  Risk Management 

Related Articles: Accounting, Statistics  Acquisitions and Divestitures  Asset Portfolio Management  Economics/Financial Analysis  General  Insurance  Investment  Mergers and Acquisitions  Risk Management 


Yemen Oil & Gas 1 >>  2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Oil & Gas Projects in Yemen >>

More News

Related Links

Gulf Oil and Gas
Copyright © Universal Solutions All rights reserved. - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy.