Autoship Systems Corporation (ASC) of Vancouver, Canada is pleased to announce that long-time customer Tritec Marine Limited has recently upgraded its Autohydro Pro hydrostatics, stability, and longitudinal strength software to benefit from the software’s latest features in version 6.7 and to provide the highest quality of service to their clients.
Tritec Marine is headquartered in Clydebank, Scotland and has offices in New York, Shanghai, Singapore, and Mumbai. As a full service consultancy they offer project management, naval architecture, and design engineering services to marine and offshore clients worldwide. They have been using Autohydro to assist with many of their stability and longitudinal strength related projects for over 20 years on everything from small workboats to the largest ocean going vessels.
Some of Tritec’s recent Autohydro related projects include loading conditions and longitudinal strength calculations in association with a new stability book for a RoPax vessel; intact and damage stability calculations as part of an oil outflow risk assessment on a pair of MR tankers; loading conditions in association with a shallow water anchorage assessment of a semi-submersible accommodation vessel and intact and damage stability calculations on a renewable wave energy device.
“Autohydro’s ability to handle any vessel type and its versatility to carry out a wide variety of calculations makes it an integral part of our day-to-day operations,” says Bradley Golden, President and Senior Naval Architect of Tritec Marine’s US subsidiary, Tritec Marine USA LLC. “The user-friendly interface and reporting functions combined with its powerful calculation tools allows us to closely study the stability and strength characteristics of our clients’ vessels, and provide them with cost-effective solutions to meet their requirements.”
Autohydro Pro 6.7 continues to lead the marine software industry with the following new features:
- Windows® 10 Compatible
- New Report Editor
- New 3D viewer
- Program Enhancements including UI and functionality
- Floating point variables increased to double precision
- Wetted Surface Area calculation based on 3d mesh
- New RA parameter, “INTERMEDIATE’, to enable intermediate flooding during RA calculation
- New RA parameter, “FROM”, to allow limit evaluation within a range of angles
- Damage part penetration tolerance for Probabilistic damage assessment
- Intermediate flooding for Probabilistic damage assessment
- Total moment of inertia
- Tank Grid listbox style selection
In Modelmaker, new features include:
- Improved 3D visualization of geometry
- Enhancements for probabilistic b value calculations including b value optimization
- Improved Model verification
For over 30 years, ASC has been producing first class software design solutions for naval architects and marine engineers around the world. ASC has also been providing load planning systems and loading instruments to the marine shipping industry.