Gulf Oil and Gas accountACCOUNT

Petronas awards two blocks to Total and Petronas Carigali

Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 5/22/2008, Location: Asia

Petronas awarded a Production Sharing Contract (PSC) for Blocks PM303 and PM324 offshore Peninsular Malaysia to Total E&P Malaysia, a subsidiary of Total SA, and Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd. Blocks PM303 and PM324 are located in the central part of the Malay Basin in water depths ranging from 50 metres to 80 metres. Previous exploration efforts were confined to the shallower sections in the blocks; with the deeper sections remain mostly under-explored due to difficult operating conditions caused by high pressure and temperature.

Total E&P Malaysia, with participating interest of 70 per cent, will operate both blocks while Petronas Carigali, the exploration and production arm of Petronas, will own the remaining 30 per cent interest.

The partners are committed to acquire 1,200 square kilometres of new 3D seismic data and to drill two high pressure/high temperature wells to a minimum aggregate depth of 6,500 metres. The minimum financial commitment is valued at US$70 million.

The PSC was signed today at the Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur. Petronas was represented by its Vice President of Exploration & Production Business, Encik Ramlan Abdul Malek; Total E&P Malaysia by its Chairman/CEO, Mr. Charles Mattenet; and Petronas Carigali by its Managing Director/CEO Datuk Abdullah Karim.

Exploration News in Malaysia >>

Oman >>  2/19/2020 - PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited (PTTEP) has announced that on 19 February 2020, PTTEP MENA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PTTEP, ...
Mexico >>  2/17/2020 - Eni announces a new oil discovery on the Saasken Exploration Prospect in Block 10, located in the mid-deep water of the Cuenca Salina in the Sureste B...

Iraq >>  2/6/2020 - Genel Energy plc notes that DNO ASA, as operator of the Tawke PSC (Genel 25% working interest), has issued an update on licence activity: ...
Chile >>  2/4/2020 - GeoPark Limited, a leading independent Latin American oil and gas explorer, operator and consolidator with operations and growth platforms in Colombia...

United Arab Emirates >>  2/3/2020 - The United Arab Emirates (UAE) announced the discovery of 80 trillion standard cubic feet (TSCF) of shallow gas resources in place within the area bet...
Canada >>  1/30/2020 - TransGlobe Energy Corporation, announces a Canadian operations update and appointment of an investor relations advisor. All dollar values are expresse...

Related Categories: Camp Building  Cleaning Equipment, Services  Communication  Corrosion Products/Services  Development  Exploration  Food Supplies  General  Labor Services  Land & Leasing  Mine Clearance  Oil & Gas Companies  Production  Service Companies  Skilled Labors  Transportation, 4X4 Trucks  Unskilled Labors  Utility Systems  Waste Disposal  Water Supply Services  Welding Products/Services 

Related Articles: Camp Building  Cleaning Equipment, Services  Communication  Corrosion Products/Services  Development  Exploration  General  Labor Services  Land & Leasing  Mine Clearance  Oil & Gas Companies  Production  Service Companies  Skilled Labors  Transportation, 4X4 Trucks  Utility Systems  Water Supply Services  Welding Products/Services 


Malaysia Oil & Gas 1 >>  2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

More News

Related Links

AZ BD BN CN GE HK ID IN IR JP KH KR KZ MM MN MY PG PH PK RU SG TH TJ TM TW UA UZ VN
Gulf Oil and Gas
Copyright 2020 Universal Solutions All rights reserved. - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy.