Lyondellbasell (LYB), the world’s largest licensor of polyolefin technologies, announced that Xinjiang Tianli Gaoxin Petrochemical Company Limited (Tianli Gaoxin) has selected Lupotech T process technology from LyondellBasell for a 200KT per year low density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) plant to be built at Dushanzi, Xinjiang Province, China.
“With significant growth in LDPE and EVA products, and the need for benchmark manufacturing performance to effectively compete in the region, Tianli Gaoxin’s selection of Lupotech T again demonstrates the value of our process technologies for the production of LDPE and EVA,” said Jim Seward, vice president technology business and sustainability at LyondellBasell.
“Lupotech T is the market leader in high-pressure tubular LDPE technology offering low operating and investments costs to our customers.”
Mr. Li Ji, president of Tianli Gaoxin’s stated: “This process technology was selected following a detailed investigation. Finally we selected LyondellBasell’sLupotech T for its extraordinary grade slate, including high-quality LDPE and EVA copolymers.”
Lupotech T, with its high conversion rates and effective heat recovery system, also offers customers other economic advantages such as fast grade changes and a high on-stream factor. This makes Lupotech T today’s technology of choice for the world-scale production of low density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymers.
This project represents the 15th Lupotech T line licensed in China. With this license, the total design and operating capacity of Lupotech T lines in China will exceed 3,300 kilotons per year.
In addition to the Lupotech T process, LyondellBasell’s portfolio of licensed polyolefin processes and associated technical services includes:
• Spheripol – The leading PP process technology with more than 25 million tons of licensed capacity. with globally recognized quality grades with leading monomer consumption and investment costs to make it the technology of choice
• Spherizone – The breakthrough multi-zone circulating reactor provides a unique and innovative platform to manufacture polypropylene products with novel architecture and enhanced properties
• Hostalen- Leading low-pressure slurry process for the production of high performance multimodal HDPE
• Metocene PP – Innovative add-on technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
• Spherilene – Flexible gas phase process technology for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and HDPE