Dynagas LNG Partners LP, an owner and operator of liquefied natural gas (“LNG”) carriers, announced its results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2020.
Third Quarter Highlights:
- Net income and earnings per common unit of $10.0 million and $0.20, respectively;
- Adjusted Net Income
(1) of $10.2 million and Adjusted Earnings per common unit of $0.21;
- Adjusted EBITDA(1) of $24.2 million;
100% fleet utilization;
- Declared and paid cash distribution of $0.5625 per unit on its Series A Preferred Units for the period from May 12, 2020 to August 11, 2020 and $0.546875 per unit on the Series B Preferred Units for the period from May 22, 2020 to August 21, 2020; and
- Entered into an amended and restated ATM Sales Agreement (the “A&R Sales Agreement”), for the offer and sale of common units representing limited partnership interests, having an aggregate offering price of up to $30.0 million (the “Current ATM Program”). Upon entry into the A&R Sales Agreement, the Partnership terminated its prior at-the-market program established in July of 2020 (the “Prior ATM Program”). At the time of such termination, $0.4 million of the Partnership’s common units out of an aggregate of $30.0 million of its common units were sold pursuant to the Prior ATM Program.
- Declared a quarterly cash distribution of $0.5625 on the Partnership’s Series A Preferred Units for the period from August 12, 2020 to November 11, 2020, which was paid on November 12, 2020; and
- Declared a quarterly cash distribution of $0.546875 on the Partnership’s Series B Preferred Units for the period from August 22, 2020 to November 21, 2020, which is payable on November 23, 2020.
- We are pleased to report the results for the three months and nine months ended September 30, 2020. All six LNG carriers in our fleet are operating under their respective long-term charters with international gas producers with an average remaining contract term of 7.9 years. Our estimated contracted revenue backlog is approximately $1.15 billion. Absent any unforeseen events or unscheduled dry dockings, our fleet is contracted to be employed 100% for 2020, 92% for 2021 and 83% for 2022 through and including 2025. The earliest contracted re-delivery date for our six LNG carriers is in the third quarter of 2021(the Arctic Aurora), with the next carrier (the Clean Energy) becoming available for rechartering in the first quarter of 2026 at the earliest.
- For the third quarter of 2020, we reported Net Income of $10.0 million and Adjusted EBITDA of $24.2 million. This improved performance is attributable to an increase in voyage revenues and a decrease in interest and finance costs compared to the corresponding period in 2019, coupled with stable vessel operating expenses during this period.
- Despite the ongoing operational challenges the industry is facing as a result of the COVID19 outbreak, we are pleased to report 100% utilization for our fleet for the third quarter of 2020. The ongoing impact of the COVID-19 outbreak has been operationally manageable due to our manager’s COVID-19 response plan which has been implemented with the
support of our seafarers, charterers and employees, for which we are grateful.
- Going forward, we intend to continue our strategy of using our cash flow generation to deleverage our balance sheet and reinforce our liquidity so as to build equity value over time. This, we believe, will enhance our ability to pursue future growth initiatives.