- Serowe 4 and 5 in Botswana expected to be drilled by the end of the year
- Serowe 3 was drilled to TD of 477 metres and encountered 41 metres of interpreted gassy coal seams – +200% thicker than pre-drilling estimates – with free gas breaking out of fluids on surface. v
- The processing of a new logging method used in the well showed adsorbed gas, free gas and indications of permeability in several of the target coal seams.
- An extended controlled draw down flow test will be carried out at Serowe 3
- An additional pilot program is planned for the first half of 2022.
Clean Energy Company Pure Hydrogen Corporation Limited is pleased to report that Botala Energy (formerly BotsGas), its JV partner on the Botswana Coalbed Methane (CBM) Serowe Gas Project, have advised that Serowe 4 has been be spudded.
Serowe 4 well is the first of a two-well program to be completed before the end of 2021, and is designed to expand on the impressive results Botala delivered with the drilling of the from Serowe 3 CSG well.
Serowe 4 and Serowe 5 are 5km step outs from the Serowe 3 wells, targeting a similar Serowe Coal Seam thickness of 15m while improving the regional geological understanding of the Upper and Lower Morupule seams within the acreage.
Results from the two exploration wells will be used to determine the location of a commercial pilot program planned for the first half of 2022. This is in addition to extended flow-testing of the Serowe 3 well to better understand water flowrates in the pilot program surface facilities design.
With the interpreted natural permeability and high gas contents in the thicker coals encountered in Serowe3, the risk and cost of the commercial development using inexpensive vertical well completions methods and proving a multi Trillion Cubic Feet coal seam gas field in central southern Africa can be substantially reduced.
Pure Hydrogen is free carried on the first $6 million expenditure in the Serowe Gas Project.