Rowan Rowan Stavanger Management of Emergency Preparedness & Helideck Operations
Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 5/13/2022, Location: Europe
The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) has carried out an audit of Rowan Norway Ltd (Valaris) and their management of emergency preparedness and helideck operations for Rowan Stavanger.
The audit was conducted from 18 February to 7 April 2022 with assistance from the Civil Aviation Authority Norway.
The objective of the audit was to verify the technical condition and relevant documents in the management system in order to monitor that requirements in the petroleum regulations were being adhered to.
One non-conformity concerning available firefighting equipment was identified.
In addition, three improvement points were identified, concerning:
- Marking and signage
- Training of the emergency response organisation on board
- Emergency lighting for operation of dual agent hose reel
The Civil Aviation Authority Norway identified 14 non-conformities in respect of the helideck. These comprised:
- Lack of procedure for sampling fire water/foam mixture
- Failure to monitor degradation of safety netting/perimeter netting attachment
- Some worn paint on railing/chevron
- Missing marking of foam tank/dual agent tank
- Failure to monitor degradation of attachment and straps for helideck netting
- Outdated airport datasheet
- No turbulence analysis available
- Datasheet for paint failed to describe certification for low flame spread
- Fold-down railings on access ways exceed height of helideck level
- 150 degree sector did not have an extent equivalent to the helicopter deck's DH value
- New LQ floor not marked by light/contrast colours
- Edge light on helideck did not have a brightness of at least 30 candela
- Installed status lights should be verified against regulatory requirements
- Faulty monitor
What happens now?
We have asked Rowan Norway Ltd (Valaris) to report by 30 May 2022 on how the non-conformity will be addressed and for their assessment of the improvement points observed.