Santos & Endesa Sign 10Y Strategic Contract for the Supply of 100% Renewable Energy

Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 6/20/2022, Location: Europe

• The energy company will supply 60,000 MWh to the hotel chain through a 10-year PPA (Power Purchase Agreement)
• 30% of the energy will come from the portfolio of facilities of Enel Green Power Spain, Endesa's renewables subsidiary, and 70% will be certified with Guarantees of Origin

As part of its sustainability policy focused on minimizing the impact of its activity on the environment, Santos Hotels has signed a 10-year strategic contract with Endesa with 100% renewable energy to cover its electricity demand in all the chain's establishments Spanish, which will enter into force next year, in 2023.

It is a long-term supply contract that includes a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA), which will cover 30% of the energy needs of the hotel company during the duration of the agreement. Part of the energy to be supplied will come from the solar portfolio of facilities of Enel Green Power España, Endesa's renewables subsidiary, while the remaining 70% will come from renewable energy sources and will be certified with Guarantees of Origin .

These types of contracts are increasingly appreciated by companies, as they allow them to better manage their long-term energy costs, achieving more stable prices in a challenging price environment such as the one we have been experiencing in recent months.

The total energy of the PPA is approximately 60,000 MWh in 10 years, which is equivalent to what more than 17,000 homes would consume during one year. With this implementation, Santos Hotels will avoid the emission of 15,540 tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere over the next decade, which is absorbed by 2,620 trees in 40 years.

Santos Hotels is carrying out this action from its Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility Committee , created last March with the aim of organizing, planning and implementing all measures in matters of sustainability and CSR, to raise awareness among all employees of the company, customers and suppliers on the importance of being more efficient and responsible on a day-to-day basis, with the ultimate goal of guaranteeing a better planet that is more committed to the future.


France >>  8/12/2022 - DEME Offshore has successfully installed the offshore substation of the Fécamp offshore wind farm, deploying ‘Orion’, the newest member of the DEME fl...
Germany >>  8/12/2022 - Keppel Corporation Limited (Keppel Corporation or together with its subsidiary, the Group) and Keppel Infrastructure Fund Management Pte Ltd (KIFM), t...

Germany >>  8/12/2022 - - The manufacture of these parts will require 800 jobs and the participation of some 30 local suppliers.
- With a capacity of 476 MW, Baltic Eag...

India >>  8/12/2022 - Siemens Gamesa has secured its first order in India with Azure Power India Private Limited (Azure Power) to supply 96 SG 3.6-145 wind turbines for a 3...

Japan >>  8/12/2022 - The opening ceremony for Eurus Kamikatsu-Kamiyama Wind Farm, which Eurus Group has been constructing in Tokushima Prefecture, in the vicinity of Kamik...
Australia >>  8/11/2022 - A landmark CEFC investment to support the Southern Downs Renewable Energy Zone (REZ) will help develop critical transmission and grid infrastructure t...




Gulf Oil and Gas
Copyright © 2021 Universal Solutions All rights reserved. - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy.