Equinor – Oseberg Sør – Lifting Operations, Materials Handling & Safe Use of Lifting Equipment
Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 11/28/2022, Location: Europe
The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) has carried out an audit of Equinor and their management of materials handling, and safe use and maintenance of lifting equipment on Oseberg Sør. The audit was conducted from 15 to 19 August 2022.
The objective of the audit was to verify that the management and follow-up of materials handling, and safe use and maintenance of lifting equipment on Oseberg Sør comply with the regulatory requirements.
We identified two non-conformities during the audit. These concerned:
• Design of systems and equipment for materials handling in the drilling area
• Maintenance of lifting equipment – checking of wire rope
We also identified three improvement points. These concerned:
• Repair of offshore cranes
• Planning of materials handling
• Findings following proficiency certification
What happens now?
We have asked Equinor to report on how the non-conformities will be addressed, and for their assessment of the improvement points observed. The deadline for feedback is set at 21 November 2022.