International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC) was established in 1984 and is wholly owned by the Government of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. IPIC is governed by an eight member Board of Directors, whose Chairman is H.H. Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
IPIC has been established to invest in the hydrocarbons and related sectors outside of Abu Dhabi. This broad investment mandate includes:
- The Crude Oil downstream sector.
- Oil, Product and Gas pipelines.
- The Oil Services sector.
- The Hydrocarbons shipping sector.
- The Hydrocarbon-based power sector.
- Other Hydrocarbon-intensive process industries including Nitrogenous Fertilizers and Aluminium Smelting.