Woodside is Australia's largest publicly traded oil and gas exploration and production company with a market capitalisation of more than A$30 billion (as at 30 June 2007, based on A$1=US$0.85).
The company has interests in Australia, Africa, the United States and major customer centres in Japan, Korea, China and Singapore.
It has offices in Japan, Korea, Libya, the United States, China and Kenya. Its head office is in Perth, Australia. In 2006 Woodside produced nearly 68 million barrels of oil equivalent, or about 186,000 barrels a day.
Company activities include:
- Exploration – seismic acquisition and drilling for oil and gas discoveries
- Development opportunities – pre-project development planning
- Developing projects – development of oil and gas projects
- Producing assets – platforms, floating production systems, and gas plants for liquefied natural gas, crude oil, condensate, natural gas and liquid petroleum gas
- Marketing – products for Australian and international customers
- Research – new technology and alternative energy