|Scope||The company plans to engage the services of competent and qualified firms to provide Engineering, Procurement and Construction Services for its QIT Master Plan Dormitory Buildings and Utilities Construction in its Qua Iboe Terminal (QIT) locations. The anticipated Project Schedule is three (3) years, commencing in November 2012.
The scope of work shall include but not limited to the detailed design, engineering and construction of the a dormitory building with the following details:
- Three free standing three-story dormitory buildings with 165 dormitory beds provided for rotator staff
- Each dormitory room is ~ 27m2 and contains its own bath room that also acts as safe haven area
- 100 dormitory rooms contain provisions for double occupancy for emergency situations
- Dormitories will be located in Class I aluminum exterior cladding for exposure to long term climate conditions
- Dormitory buildings include goods lift for laundry, cleaning and services, lobby, exit stairs, linen storage on each floor, and equipment rooms
- Each floor shall contain a dedicated recreation / lounge area with TV, chairs, games tables etc.
- Site landscaping and hardscaping for dormitory site only (planting, covered walkways, site lighting)
- Facilities building includes facilities offices, central laundry, consumables storage etc.
- All dormitories will be fitted with fire sprinklers and fire alarm
Also included in this project are the following:
Central plant facilities which are to be provided for both dormitories and offices and include
- Water and sewage treatment
- Fire water storage
- Electrical main service (tied to QIT power grid)
Civil improvements including:
- Water distribution piping
- Sewage collection piping
- Storm water drainage
The successful contractor is to provide a fully serviced and finished building ready for the client to supply and install the fixtures, fittings and equipment (FFE), as a separate contract. This FFE element of the work may require some interface with the Design and Build Contractor's Work Programme. The company will provide a set of pre-contract drawings, which will form the basis of the detailed design by the successful contractor.