|Scope||EPIC for Additional Fire Water Tank (NGL-3) and Fresh Water Piping at NGL1/2
1. Background QP owns and operates NGL-2 and NGL-3 plants.
The existing Fire Water (FW) tank (6833-T-01), located in NGL-3, has been subject to significant corrosion, as observed on the annular lip protrusion. Corrosion has resulted in the reduction of nominal thickness of annular plates, forcing the tank to be operated at around 75% of its capacity. Furthermore, there has been an increase in FW demand, as consequence of several projects implementation.
Due to tank long maintenance duration and the fact that the plants cannot be operated without the full availability of FW, it is necessary to construct an additional FW tank.
The existing fresh water tank (T-3101), located in NGL-2 has developed several pin holes and other defects and has been out of service for a long time. Tank reparation has been found to be costly. Therefore, this tank needs to be demolished and rebuilt.
2. Project Objective: The objective of this Project is to improve the capacity, operational efficiency and safety requirements by constructing additional FW tank at NGL-3 and provide new piping arrangement as an alternate for fresh water supply to the consumers.
3. Project Description:
3.1 NGL-3 - New Fire Water Tank:
* Installation of new Fire Water Tank of the same capacity 1500 m3 as that of the existing fire water tank.
* The new fire water tank design shall be provided with all required instrumentation for safe operation and control.
* Although the new fire water tank is located away from the existing fire water tank, it is intended to utilize the existing fire water pumping facilities for the new tank.
* The existing fire water tank and pumping system shall be retained for utilization as and when required. All required design of piping and instrumentation modifications shall be carried out on existing fire water tank system to integrate with new fire water tank system.
* Both the new and existing fire water tanks shall be operated independently.
3.2 NGL-2 - New Fresh Water Piping:
* Provide new piping arrangement as an alternate for fresh water supply to the consumers at NGL-2.
|Bid Bond||QAR 600,000.00|
|Bond Validity||150 days|
|Offer Validity||120 days|
|Documents Price||QAR 500.00|