The Ministry of Petroleum and Mining- State Department for Petroleum invites Expression of Interest from
eligible interested firms/ competent seismic contractor for a pre-licensing round 3D Multi-Client Seismic Data acquisition in the shallow offshore area of the Lamu basin.
The objective of this assignment is to conduct a 3D seismic survey over the shallow water of the Lamu Basin in Kenya for purposes of promoting the area for petroleum exploration and development through a competitive licensing round.
The scope of the assignment will include but not limited to:-
• Increasing the amount of 3D seismic data using state-of-the art technologies over the shallow offshore area
of Kenya which may have an aerial coverage of 32,000 sq. km. to cover the existing gaps and merge the new
acquisition with existing 3D data coverage.
• Processing the acquired 3D seismic to create data packages for licensing before and after the planned bid
• Reprocessing the existing 3D seismic data to derive additional data products or volumes that may be offered
separately for licensing as additional data packages.
• Supporting the Ministry of Petroleum and Mining, State Department for Petroleum in planning and organizing a licensing round tentatively scheduled for the year 2021.
• Interpretation of the historic and newly acquired 3D seismic data and its integration with any other datasets
to demonstrate the prospectivity of the area to guide the re-configuration of existing blocks to present suitable areas for exploration licensing.
• Capacity development of the relevant State Department for Petroleum personnel and selected staff of National Oil in the acquisition, processing and interpretation of the 3D data including economic modelling.
• Proposal for upgrade of the existing National Petroleum Data Centre system for utilization as a platform for data marketing.