Sunshine West Ells Project - HighOil Sands - Execution
|Location||Athabasca Oil Sands Region - Canada|
|Scope||Sunshine West Ells project includes 26 Oil Sands Leases covering 9,856 contiguous gross hectares and is located within the Athabasca oil sands region between townships 94 to 96 and ranges 17 and 18 west of the fourth Meridian, approximately 88 km from Fort McMurray. Sunshine develops the initial West Ells facility through two-phase construction process, with a 5,000-bbl/d facility followed by a 5,000 bbl/d expansion. The Sunshine West Ells project extracts bitumen using SAGD technology. The SAGD project is expected to be capable of producing up to 100,000 barrels per day of bitumen from the Wabiskaw zone over a period of 18 years, with a productive life of more than 50 year. The West Ells facility is designed to produce 10,000 bbls/d of bitumen production. Sunshine anticipates that approximately 80 well pairs will be drilled from up to 9 well pads.
- SAGD Well Pads 1 and 2 (Phase 1) - The pads and access will be constructed. Up to 13 SAGD well pairs will be drilled from these pads. Anticipated production from pads 1 and 2 is 5,000 bpd of bitumen.
- SAGD Well Pads 3 and 4 (Phase 2) - Anticipated production from pads 3 and 4 is 5,000 bpd of bitumen to bring the project up to the full 10,000 bpd production level, an additional 2 well pairs will be required to be constructed. It is anticipated that up to 18 SAGD well pairs will be drilled from these pads.
- Evaporator Building Fabrication
- Phase 1 Steam Generator Building Fabrication
- First Well Completed with Service Rig
- Phase 1 Field Tank Installation
- Phase 1 Cogen Building Fabrication
- Phase 1 Piling Complete
- Phase 1 Wellpad Drilled
- Phase 1 SAGD Wellpairs Completed with Service Rig
- Phase 2 Wellpad SAGD Drilling Spud
- Phase 1 Mechanical Installation Complete
- Phase 1 Electrical Installation Complete
- Phase 1 Final Commissioning
- Phase 2 CPF Equipment Commence Setting
- Phase 1 First Steam
- Phase 2 Piling Complete
- Phase 2 Well Pad Civil Complete
- Phase 2 Pipeline Civil Complete
- Phase 2 Pipeline Piling commencement