The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) has carried out an audit of Vår Energi’s management of working environment risk on the Goliat FPSO. The audit was conducted from 12 to 25 May 2023.
The objective of the audit was to verify that Vår Energi’s management of working environment risk on the Goliat FPSO is such that employees are not exposed to health and safety risks.
During the audit, we detected six non-conformities, concerning:
• Analysis and decision support
• Arrangement of psychosocial and organisational conditions
• Chemical health hazards
• Information on risks in the performance of work
• Registration and follow-up of working hours
• Regulatory competence on working hours
One improvement point, concerning offshore periods, was also identified.
What happens now?
We have asked Vår Energi to report to us on how the non-conformities will be addressed, and for their assessment of the improvement point identified. The reply deadline is set at 1 December 2023.